Monday, August 15, 2011

Quinoa Spinach Bake

This recipe is for all my quinoa loving friends. I know you guys are out there somewhere!! This recipe reminded me of my spinach pie, but not as cheesy. Probably a little healthier too. The recipe called for blanching the spinach but that seemed like too much work so I just cooked it with the onions after they softened. You could also sub frozen spinach too! Todd ate this for breakfast with a salsa quite a few times. YES, you heard correctly, Todd is eating quinoa and he liked it!! I'm so proud of him! Now I just need to get him to eat oatmeal! One grain at a time I suppose!
Ingredients:
1 lbs spinach
2 t olive oil
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T fresh thyme
1 t rosemary
1/4 t red pepper flakes
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup cottage cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish with olive oil spray. Heat oil in saute pan. Add onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and red pepper flakes and saute for about 8 minutes. Add spinach and cooked until wilted. Remove from heat and combine with quinoa, cottage cheese and eggs. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake until edges are brown for 60-70 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp.

1 comment:

  1. Andy has been on a quinoa kick lately. I will have to make this.

    ReplyDelete