Sunday, August 14, 2011

Special K Bars

These are Todd's ALL. TIME. FAVORITE. He grew up with his mom making them frequently and we almost always have them when we go visit. I have tried making different variations of this and they never turn out, but this time I got the exact recipe. They probably weren't as good as his mom's but he still gave them 2 thumbs up!

Special K Bars
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies
1/4 cup butter

Chocolate frosting
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 T peanut butter

Combine corn syrup and sugar in a large microwave bowl. Microwave until sugar is dissolved and starts bubbling. Add peanut butter and butter and stir until smooth. Add the rice krispies until combined. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. To make frosting melt chocolate chips and peanut butter until smooth. Frost bars and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh...this is exactly what I would make Andy when I would visit him way back when in Arizona. His mom always made these growing up. They don't call them Special K Bars. I can't remember what they call them...I will ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember him calling them Scotcharoos! I think those have butterscotch chips in the frosting. It must be man food!

    ReplyDelete