Sunday, August 14, 2011

What I made this week!

Monday- Summer squash and corn chowder with Hummus and carrots. I made a second attempt at cooking my own chickpeas in the crockpot and this time it worked. I don't think I cooked them long enough last time. This time I soaked the beans for 8 hours, rinsed, and cooked on low for 9-10 hours. They turned out great and one 1 lb bag made one batch of hummus, and filled 2 small freezer bags. Not bad for $.99.
Tuesday-Leftover turkey burgers and green beans
Wednesday-Black beans with rice/quinoa(1/3quinoa ratio to 2/3 brown rice. I love quinoa, but Todd isn't completely sold so I sneak it in things sometimes.) We topped ours with cheese, cilantro and salsa. Todd said this was much better than he expected. I really enjoyed it and it makes a TON! We also had steamed broccoli and grapes to round out our meal.
Thursday- Leftover soup from Monday and cheesy toasts
Friday- Chicken pesto panini's and spinach salad
Saturday- Carrot cake pancakes
I baked a double batch of banana muffins
Sunday- We went to a company picnic. I brought southwestern pasta salad and special k bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment