Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I got this recipe from my BF Jami. It is seriously the best tortilla soup I've ever had. It always tastes better when she makes it too. I can't believe I'm just now putting it on the blog, because this has been a favorite for years!

Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T olive oil
1-2 chicken breasts , boneless and skinless
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel
1 can beef broth
1 can chicken broth
1 can tomato soup
1 cup corn (I use frozen)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drains or 1-2 cups mexican black beans
1-2 cans water
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
salt and pepper to taste
fresh tortillas/tortilla chips and cheese for topping

Directions
Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add all ingredients except for tortillas and cheese. Simmer for 50 minutes. Remove chicken from soup and shred. Return chicken to soup and serve with toppings. This is SOOOOO good and you can make it in a crockpot too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting the recipe up on your blog. I am enjoying the leftovers today! I love that it is finally chicken tortilla soup weather again.

    ReplyDelete