Sunday, October 23, 2011

What we ate this week!

Last week seems like a blur. I don't even remember what we ate or what I made. We were out of town for Cornell's homecoming over the weekend. So fun and lots of good food! We enjoyed friday night at Pizza palace with some Taco pizza. Saturday morning we got coffee/hot chocolate and freshly baked peach scones at a local coffee shop before hiking at the Pal. Saturday lunch was at our favorite Lincoln Cafe. Sunday dinner was at a local Cedar Rapids restaurants called Daniel Arthurs. We finished off the weekend at the Breakfast House in CR. SO MUCH good food over the weekend. Back to reality though and trying to be healthy, so we'll start with Sunday night.
Sunday-Veggie Chili(From my freezer stash)
Monday-Veggie Chili on baked potatoes
Tuesday-Turkey/swiss grilled sandwiches with tomato soup(Costco)
Wednesday-Root vegetable lasagna
(From my freezer stash. I made my full recipe a few weeks ago and put it is 2 8x8 pans vs a 9x12.) It was a great idea and I will definitely do it this way next fall.
Thursday-Butternut squash soup with homemade wheat bread. The wheat bread turned out great and was so much easier than I thought. I think I'm going to start making my own bread on a regular basis. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. Thanks for the nudge Ashlee! There is nothing like fresh homemade bread out of the oven. It really brought me back to my childhood because my mom used to make homemade bread all the time.
Friday-Veggie Stir-fry using the sauce from here. I stir-fried with broccoli, asparagus, snap peas and edamame(or as Todd asked, "eda what?")
Saturday-Tamale pie with pumpkin cornbread with mixed green salad.
Sunday-Eggplant dip(melitzanosalata) and leftovers. I have no idea how to pronounce that so I'm calling it eggplant dip. We really liked the Eggplant dip and will definitely make it again. It was great with cut up veggies and pitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment