Friday, April 8, 2011

Yogurt French Toast

I have been looking for creative ways to use my homemade yogurt. I've been baking with it a lot. Typically, I can substitute my strained yogurt for sour cream and have also used unstrained yogurt for buttermilk. My results have been great! This recipe can be used with any kind of bread. I've made it with wheat and cinnamon bread. Both good.

My yogurt french toast idea came from this website. I doubled the original recipe because we are all about leftovers at our house. Enjoy!

Ingredients
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup of homemade yogurt
2 tbsp. honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
8 slices of bread (fresh or slightly stale)

Combine the eggs, yogurt, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip both sides of bread in yogurt mixture. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve with maple syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment