Monday, February 3, 2014

Whole 30-some new favorite recipes

Todd and I just finished our first whole 30.  It is crazy to think that we gave up all grains, dairy, sugar and alcohol for 30 straight days.  It felt good to detoxify and focus on whole and real food for an entire month.  Plus I really wanted to kick the sugar cravings!  Below are some of the recipes that I made that we really liked and we would eat again.  I think many people think of Paleo as being meat heavy.  We did usually eat meat every day, but not large quantities.  I always tried to make sure my plate included 2/3 worth of veggies. In addition to the recipes below we ate a lot of eggs, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, root vegetables, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, avocado, apples, oranges, berries, etc.
-paleo meatballs
-mediterranean turkey burgers
-Chicken fajitas as a salad topper
butternut squash soup
-spinach/artichoke dip
-date balls
-scotch egg
-greek baked chicken
-Pineapple chili
-Hawaiian turkey burgers
-Chicken tortilla soup
-Bulletproof coffee drops - These are the best creation EVER!!!  Before whole 30 I was making my own coffee creamer with milk and maple syrup.  I was very skeptical and didn't think I would like coconut oil and ghee in my coffee.  Sounds bizarre, but I thought I would give it a try.  It was AMAZING!  I am still playing around with this recipe and think I prefer equal parts ghee/coconut oil vs this original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment